Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A very late Friday post

Bless me bloggers for I have sinned. I did not post on Friday like I was supposed to! Eeep!

For that I will give you a new restaurant review and get a little closer to marking off one of my 101 goals!

On Monday we went to Roka Akor for Micahs bday with Micah's parents Mike and Muriel!

The food was amazing!!!! The service was over the top! And it was just a down right fun atmosphere while still being very classy! We sat at the Robata grill and got to watch all the action.

The menu is comprised of a bunch of small dishes, it is all meant to be shared among your table. It comes out as it is made, so that was very fun, little tastes of stuff but never getting to full on one thing. I NEVER eat sushi, but since this place is on the top 10 list in the U.S. I decided if I was going to eat some this would be the place! And all I can say about the sushi was WOW! I didnt do any of the raw stuff (Im a weenie) but what I did eat I loved! I had the Roka Akor Soft Shell Crab Roll and I tried the Crispy Prawn Roll! All the Tempura was just amazing! The asparagus was so crisp. You also have to try their Shochu! Micah tried the apple, the pineapple and one other one that I cant recall...I tried a sip (I was the driver) They are very smooth and totally delicious!

I highly recomened Roka Akor for any special occassion yu might need to celebrate, ask to sit at the grill! Its fun

No comments:

Post a Comment