Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making a difference

Now that the wedding has come and gone I have a lot more free time on my hands and I really want that free time to go unwaisted.

I did some thinking this morning and have decided that I want to make a difference in my community and in the lives of others.

I thought about volunteering at an animal shelter, but I don't think I could handle that. I would want to bring all the animals home! I have been begging Micah for a puppy for well over a year now and he isn't budging, so working at a shelter would just be torture on me.

SO I have decided that I will either be volunteering my time to either the Big Brothers, Big Sisters http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.diJKKYPLJvH/b.2286705/k.89B2/Be_a_Big_Sister.htm
Or to the Girls Scouts of America http://www.girlscouts.org/for_adults/ I think Either one would be extremely rewarding!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I have been thinking volunteering for BBBS for a while now. I've just been still trying to get my life organized again since the wedding. I find that one to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete