Monday, February 22, 2010

Cheesy Sausage Calzones!

Last week as I was planning this weeks meals, I was on the hunt for quick and easy recipes. I found a couple really tasty ones off of Pillsbury.com! So last night I made Cheesy Sausage Calzones the easy way (recipe here) They were easy and turned out pretty good!
I put a touch of olive oil in a warm pan and tossed in the onions and bell peppers. (Dice into small bits). I added a touch of ground savory (I looove this spice and add it to any dish that has a red sauce!)Next add the ground Italian sausage and chop up into small pieces Following the recipe, I put two biscuits together and smashed them into 6" circles. Then I put shredded mozzarella cheese on one half. Next up the sausage filling. Which was sooo good! I got the sausage fresh ground from Sprouts! Next step, you fold the other half of the biscuit over the top of the filling and pinch the edges shut to make little pockets :) Follow recipe and bake.
They came out looking amazing! I heated up some jarred sauce and dinner was ready! This really was super simple and tasted really good! I do think next time I make these I will use pizza dough, because the biscuits do make for a ton of bread then a normal calzone would have. But one of these guys is all you really need, they are super filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment