Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Friday! Pot Pie Recipe!

Ahhhhh Friday! So glad to see you!

This weekend should be pretty low key. We have no real plans. I work at Definitely Debra's tomorrow, and that's about all the plans we have. We for sure need to hit the grocery store, but I need to do my weekly meal planning first. I am hoping to maybe start working on the hutch again and see how far I get with that :)

Last night I had no clue what to make. We haven't gone grocery shopping in over a week and a half. There was still a ton of left overs in the fridge from that awesome Valentines day meal, so I decided I need to use those or toss them out.

So I called the meal POT PIE! Micah loved it and went back for seconds, and so did I ;)

Here is my recipe, its pretty basic, most pot pie recipes you find will be just about like this but I did wing it a bit as I was dealing with what was in the fridge and cupboards.

1/3 cup butter chopped into a few pieces.
1 can chicken broth
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 an onion diced small
2-3 cups misc cooked veggies. These were left over roasted veggies from vday. I used the potatos, carrots, red bell peppers, and sweet potatos
1 1/2 cups cooked meat. I used my left over beef tenderloin diced in small pieces.
Salt and pepper
1 tsp Sage
Dash of Garlic Salt
2 pie crusts from the fridge section. I used Pillbury

Preheat the oven to 425

1. Melt butter. Add onions and saute till soft.

2. Add flour, salt, pepper and sage to onion and butter. Mix well, will be come a thick paste.

3. slowly and chicken broth and milk a little at a time to four paste. Stir to incorporate after each addition til combined then add a little more.

4. Toss in precooked veggies and meat. Cooke for about 5 more minutes.

5. spray 9"pie pan. Roll first pie crust into bottom. Add pie filling mixture.
6. Once filling is in, I sprinkled with a little more salt and pepper and a bit of garlic salt
7.Roll second pie crust on top. Give a pinch all the way around to seal pie crusts together. Make a couple slits on top to release steam.
8. Bake for 30-45 minutes.

And there you have it, left overs that turned into an awesome dinner! Excuse these pics, I took them on my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment